That’s right – America is getting ready to go back to work! The peanut gallery is grumbling. This thread will still serve as all things related to CCP Flu, and the WH Daily Presser, but we’re beginning to focus more on GOOD NEWS, looking for green sprouts in our economy, evidence of “smashing the curve”, better results and wider distribution of therapeutics, and bigger than anticipated herd immunity.
FauXi was not allowed to speak yesterday. FauXi has received the dreaded side-eye-stink-eye from President Trump. Remember when your folks gave you that look?
Yesterday, Team Trump advanced the virus ball downfield:
- We got a 25 billion dollar loan “agreement in principle” with the airlines
- Full blown investigation of WHO and pause on their funding
- A saliva test from Rutgers approved by the FDA in record time
- Announcement of just about every CEO from the Fortune 100 + Union heads + Sports Entities will be on the “Rebirth of America” plan to open the economy.
- A smackdown of the Playboy reporter (red meat for the base)
- A welcome statement from the DOJ on church services.
- Announcement from SD Governor for a Statewide “trial” on Hydroxychloroquine, securing enough meds from the Trump Team.
- Citizen protests in North Carolina and Michigan against overlord Dem policies. A woman in North Carolina was arrested and the police issued a statement, declaring “Protesting was ‘Non-Essential'” SCCCUUUUSE MEEEEE?
- More details on the Oil Deal with Saudi and Russia (if anyone can get past the paywall, please report to the rest of us)
Yes, the memes have been wonderful.
For our newcomers: The Q Tree community has been diligent in covering the threat of Coronavirus, COVID19, Wuhan FLU. We started accumulating information about this virus in mid-late January, in what became almost weekly threads. We’ve been weeks, if not months, ahead of MSM outlets to vet rumors and other medical papers, etc.
Primary Update Links:
- Links to the USA CoronaVirus Task Force: http://coronavirus.gov/
- Johns Hopkins CSSE Dashboard to update number of “official” cases within China and worldwide: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
- Another summary of data, updates and sources: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
- Hard Link to the World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Hard Link to the Center for Disease Control: CDC Updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
In our past weekly threads, we assembled information on the following:
- Primary update links. The dashboard from Johns Hopkins which counts “official” cases all over the world, the CDC, and WHO, and includes the links for our past threads.
- Hard Data Medical Information- Explanation about testing, reliance on China for drugs, analysis of NE Journal of Medicine results and other published papers.
- Vaccine and therapeutics (new/old drugs to alleviate symptoms) news and updates
- Trump Administration response (the timeline and links to various agencies)
- China Responses, timelines, research, attempt to cover actions, or secrecy in results discovered.
- An aggregate of info/responses from other countries, listed by country.
- Economic impact from around the world. A change in economic activity will indicate a “return to normal”.
- Speculation/debunking on how the virus started
- Media Bias, political response, and debunking section, like the article from AP News, overt bias from Politico, inflammatory headlines, etc.
- Other medical info to boost immune system, herbal remedies, ways to keep your house clean and NOT spread the virus to others. Excellent information to incorporate into daily lifestyle.
- Hard links for OTHER valuable sources/blogs and a brief sentence or two about what they provide
- Other news items
Our weekly updates. timelines, collection of valuable information, can be found here:
- January 25th, Our first thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/01/25/20200125-coronavirus/
- January 27th, Our second thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/01/27/20200127-coronavirus-update-thread/
- February 1st-9th, Our third thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/02/01/20200201-coronavirus-update-thread-3/
- February 10th – 18th, Our Fourth Thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/02/10/20200210th-19th-coronavirus-thread/
- February 19-29th: Our Fifth Thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/02/18/20200218th-29th-coronavirus-update-thread/
- March 1-10th, Our Sixth Thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/03/01/2020-march1st-7th-coronavirus-covid19-xivirus-wuflu-6th-update-thread/
- March 9-16th, Our Seventh Thread: https://wqth.wordpress.com/2020/03/09/2020-march-9th-16th-coronavirus-covid19-xivirus-wuflu-7th-weekly-update-thread/
Please try to keep your sense of humor during this National Emergency, and remember, patience is a virtue.
Love to all! Blessings to those suffering with this disease and those who have lost loved ones. A hearty thank you to the healthcare workers, first responders, stock clerks, cashiers, truckdrivers, farmers, and those who keep our supply chains running.