This Wolf Moon Pie Friday Open Thread is VERY OPEN.
You can say what you want, comment on what other people said, and so on. Keep it civil. Rules much like the Old Treehouse, except of course Q discussion is not only allowed but encouraged. A couple of other important things to consider. This link….https://wqth.wordpress.com/2019/01/01/dear-maga-open-topic-20190101/
….contains some general guidelines for things that are really, really not kosher to post here.
Also consider Wheatie’s Rules (as amended by SteveInCO):
- No food fights.
- No running with scissors.
- If you bring snacks, bring enough for everyone.
- No shooting at the nuclear warheads.
Remember – this is a free speech zone. Barring the few minor things that can get this site closed down, you ain’t gonna get banned.
Worry about OTHER STUFF. Like NOT SAYING THINGS that need to be said.
– – · –
The current plan for Dear MAGA threads is to switch to a format where people have ONE NIGHT A WEEK that they take care of the thread. For example, Wheatie will put up the SATURDAY thread on FRIDAY NIGHT.
- Monday – Wolf
- Tuesday – Wolf
- Wednesday – Wolf
- Thursday – Wolf
- Friday – Wolf
- Saturday – Wheatie
- Sunday – ThinkThinkThink
If anybody else would be interested in being a Dear MAGA author one night a week, feel free to let me know.
The theme of tonight’s post is MOON PIES.
Moon Pies are a bit of hillbilly cuisine that some folks gain a certain love for, despite the fact that – if you really think about them – they are an absolute culinary FAIL.
- taste like cardboard, shaving cream, unsweetened chocolate syrup that was barely dried on the stove, and 20-year-old ginger snaps that survived a flood and never dried out right
- oddly dry yet not crisp
- bad mouth-feel as you bite down, like inedible things balanced badly on polyurethane foam
- they literally make one’s teeth cringe like nails on a blackboard
- not enough chocolate
- chocolate not sweet enough
- chocolate too tacky and melty, gets on fingers easily, smears around
- spices in breading are too weak
- not enough bad cream
- bad cream has creepy sponginess
- non-optimal mix of bad components
- crumbly in a bad way
And YET some of us gain an odd affection for them.
Yeah. You know you want one. 😉